"Insight Vehicle Management" are a subsidiary of Fleet Operations Limited, and together they are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement explains what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
We collect information about you when you engage with us either through our team, our website, other digital platforms or our partners. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. The legal basis of processing will vary depending the type of service you have requested and we have listed some examples of our processing activities below;
We will never make automated decisions when processing your data nor will we use profiling techniques.
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. In these situations we will only share the information that is necessary for the third party to perform the processing activity it was provided for, such as;
1. Third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and marketing suppliers, financial service providers, delivery companies, dealer groups and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
2. Third party insurance providers (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
3. Fraud prevention agencies and associations, (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
4. Regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
Some of these third parties may also be considered a data controller in respect of holding your personal data. In these cases, we will provide you with the privacy statements of those parties.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
In any event, the retention period will be the statutory retention period unless there is a further legal or regulatory requirement to do so.
Under the data protection act you have certain rights in relation to the data we hold about you. Under GDPR these rights are extended and listed below;
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications;
- to require us to erase your personal information;
- to require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of how we handle your personal information, please write to us at the above address. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner's Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
We reserve the right to collect and store website usage information to help us assess and improve the website content, design and navigation.
We may collect website usage from a number of sources, including our web server / service providers, or from URLs, IP addresses and Cookies passed to us when you enter our site.
In all cases, website usage information excludes any information that can be traced back to you, and is therefore treated as non-personal data under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Fleet Operations Limited, Fleet House, Maries Way, Silverdale Business Park, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 6PA.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
• Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
• Send an email to email@example.com
• Write to us at: Fleet Operations Limited, Fleet House, Maries Way, Silverdale Business Park, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 6PA.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Links From Our Site Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.fleetoperations.co.uk or www.insightvm.co.uk domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
* All vehicle images and car descriptions on this site are for illustration and reference purposes only and are not necessarily an accurate representation of the vehicle on offer.
T: 0333 577 9557
F: 0844 567 7993
Insight Vehicle Management
Silverdale Business Park
Fleet Operations t/a Insight Vehicle Management is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, we are a credit broker and not a lender. Registered No: 808818.
Registered in England & Wales with company number : 04455059 | Data Protection No : Z1888123 | VAT No : 155 736 196
Registered Office : Fleet House, Maries Way, Silverdale Business Park, Newcastle ST5 6PA
Copyright © 2018 Insight Vehicle Management, All rights reserved.